Brittany Ross is an active classical orchestral, solo, quartet and chamber musician who has been performing professionally and teaching in the Atlanta, Georgia and Milwaukee, Wisconsin areas. Brittany is a passionate and dedicated advocate for sharing music with her students, audience, and community.
Brittany is an experienced professional classical violinist available for music performance at weddings, receptions, and social functions in the Atlanta, Georgia area.
- Rome Symphony Orchestra, Substitute Section Violin
- LaGrange Symphony Orchestra, Substitute Section Violin
- Performed in the rock band Kansas’ Collegiate Symphony Tour, Violin
- Member of the first orchestra to perform Peter Gabriel’s New Blood outside of Gabriel’s own touring orchestra, Violin
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, Violin
- Kennesaw State University Symphony Orchestra, Violin
Brittany is a professional music teacher offering violin lessons and viola lessons for students of all ages and experience levels – as well as beginner piano, guitar, and mandolin lessons – in the Atlanta, Georgia area, including Marietta, Kennesaw, Roswell, Alpharetta, Woodstock, Smyrna and other locations in and around Cobb, Fulton and Cherokee counties.
- Providing private violin and viola lessons since 2011
- Ken Stanton Music, Marietta, Georgia and Woodstock, Georgia
- Jennings Music & Education Center, Marietta, Georgia
- Melk Music, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Lincoln Music House, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Violin and viola clinicianing in Cobb Country (Georgia) School District; McCleskey Elementary School, Simpson Middle School, Durham Middle School, McClure Middle School, Dickerson Middle School, Kell High School, and Wheeler High School
- Violin and viola clinicianing in Fulton County (Georgia) School District; Taylor Road Middle School and Roswell High School
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Master of Music, Violin Performance
- Kennesaw State University, Bachelor of Music, Violin Performance
Brittany Ross earned her Master of Music in Music Performance at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee under Dr. Bernard Zinck, where she was awarded a full graduate assistantship as a co-manager and concertmaster/principle second violin of the University Community Orchestra. She focused on performing as a member of the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra. She regularly taught lessons and performed as a freelance musician in the metro Milwaukee area.
During her studies at Kennesaw State University, where she earned in her Bachelor of Music in Music Performance, Mrs. Ross studied under Helen Kim. She was also actively involved as a member of the Kennesaw State University Symphony Orchestra as well as performing in chamber groups and Kennesaw State University Opera Theater. She has performed all over the metro Atlanta area as a freelance musician.
A fan of the use of classical instruments in contemporary settings, Mrs. Ross has performed with the rock band Kansas in their Collegiate Symphony Tour. She was also a member of the first symphony to perform Peter Gabriel’s New Blood outside of Gabriel’s own touring orchestra.
Mrs. Ross, a believer in modern classical music, premiered Julie Mitchell’s Psalm 139 in April 2015. On April 24th of the same year, Mrs. Ross premiered Jen Mitchell’s Under the Killing Moon, composed for violin, bass trombone, and marimba, which was commissioned by and composed for herself and her peers. In January 2014, Mrs. Ross, along with the Kennesaw State University Orchestra, recorded Chen Yi’s Chinese Rap performed by and written for Helen Kim.
Mrs. Ross began her violin studies at the age of 11 under Marla Feeney and Ying Zhou. She has performed in violin master classes under Kenn Wagner, and in chamber master classes under David Becker and Dr. Leonid Yanovsky and Dr. Carol Payne.
(Full contact information for references and referrals available upon request.)
“Brittany kept in contact with me throughout the whole process before the wedding and kept me reassured the whole time that everything was going to work out great. She was on time to the ceremony and was very professional. The music sounded lovely and made the day perfect. I would definitely recommend her to all of my friends.” Alexa M. — November 2018
“I am a wedding planner in the greater Atlanta area and I’ve had the pleasure of working with Brittany for over a year. She is a very talented musician. She is professional, timely and very knowledgeable. Her vast experience and knowledge in the music industry has allowed her to establish herself as a music director at various prestigious venues in the area. I would recommend her for any event as she has done an outstanding job every time I have seen her perform.” Jessica B. — October 2018
“My husband and I got married at the Gardens at Great Oaks on August 4, 2018. Brittany was recommended to us by our venue, and I am so glad she was able to accommodate us. Brittany is a fantastic violinist, and our ceremony music was absolutely beautiful. She is very easy to work with, and will help you pick out music that would best suit your wedding. I would highly recommend Brittany for any event!” Lauren E. — August 2018
“We chose Brittany Ross for our wedding violinist due to her overwhelming experience with music, her willingness to work with the bride and groom to get them exactly what they’re looking for, and her pricing is very fair. Brittany is a beautiful violinist with great talent. I would recommend her to my close friends and family, 100%.” Sarah N. — April 2018